Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R. Birch David R. Birch is offline

Default What percentage of machinists are conservative?

On 6/5/2011 8:38 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
"David R. wrote in message
On 6/4/2011 1:59 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

That's a good observation, and pretty close to being spot-on. The "left
libertarian" type that David described, and as Curly describes himself,
would be interesting to observe in terms of their voting patterns.

In the election last fall, I voted for Scott Walker for gov because he's
likely to sign a CCW law for Wisconsin, which his opponent would never
have done.

For Senator, I voted for Russ Feingold because he's a pro gun Dem, while
his Rep opponent, Ron Johnson, showed he was clueless on gun rights
issues. The NRA endorsed Johnson.

David

That makes you sound close to being a centrist, possibly a Radical Centrist
(not a "moderate"), which is what I suspected all along.g "Libertarian"
is freighted with so much Austrian School philosophy, and with a romantic
yearning for 19th century proto-anarchism (without knowing what they're
really yearning for), that it has a distinct crackpot edge to it. To be a
centrist civil libertarian is a very different thing.

Sometimes I fancy myself a "Constitutional Revolutionary". Sam Adams and
Trotsky had it right, revolution isn't an event, it's an ongoing process
that needs an occasional kick in the pants when guvmint goes astray.
That kick is long overdue, we are too far along the road to oligarchy.

David