Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Alarm System Contacts/ monster drinks

On Sun, 5 Jun 2011 06:28:03 -0500, "HeyBub" wrote:

wrote:

Gee, sounds just like the Catholic church....

I guess I'm not the only one who made that connection. He's said
that he doesn't believe the Catholic Church is Christian either.

It's endemic. When pressed, most Christian denominations will claim theirs
is the "true faith" and that others are virtually apostates because they
have music in the church, have 11 sacraments instead of three, harken to a
centralized authority, and what-not.

I think the attitudes between the Sunni and ****e Mohammadens is similar to
that between the Baptists and the Catholics.

Utter nonsense. Babtists nor Catholics use suicide bombs on each other.
Neither has "death to the apostate" in their central teachings. My aunt (a
SB) used to have religious debates with the priest in the church in the
adjoining lot. Neither killed or bomb each other.

On the other hand, there couldn't be more differences between Reform Judaism
and the Orthodox variety if you'd pulled dogma out of a hat. Yet each has no
problem believing the other is Jewish.

Babptist and Catholics have no issues with Jews or Israel, either.

Yep, religion is pretty weird.

So is humanity. Your point?