Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeffrey Angus Jeffrey Angus is offline

Default LG Model 26LX2D LCD TV, Dead

On 6/5/2011 1:39 PM, Jim Yanik wrote:
I used to use my Makita drill-driver to unscrew cases when I worked at
Tektronix.it has too much torque for driving them back in.

When I worked at a tool store repairing tools, almost EVERYTHING
was held together with corse threaded screws into plastic.

I bought the smaller 9.6 Makita impact driver with the 1/4"
collet. Of course everyone else wanted to know why I didn't buy
the 24V one you can change lugnuts with. Simple, I don't need
to drive the case screws out the back side of the tool. ;-)

Now admittedly, I did buy the 12 V Makita later on, but I use
that one for driving up to 5/16" lag screws into Douglas fir.

Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi

--
"Everything from Crackers to Coffins"