Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Nuclear Reactor Problems

On Jun 5, 9:34*am, (Larry W) wrote:
In article m,
Doug Winterburn wrote:

On 06/04/2011 09:13 PM, Larry W wrote:
In ,
Larry *wrote:
...snipped...

I was made aware of this guy this morning. He states it well.

"The history of temperature change over time is related to the shape
of the continents, the shape of the sea floor, the pulling apart of
the crust, the stitching back together of the crust, the opening and
closing of sea ways, changes in the Earth's orbit, changes in solar
energy, supernoval eruptions, comet dust, impacts by comets and
asteroids, volcanic activity, bacteria, soil formation, sedimentation,
ocean currents, and the chemistry of air. If we humans, in a fit of
ego, think we can change these normal planetary processes, then we
need stronger medication." * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * --Ian Plimer
_Heaven and Earth: Global Warming, the Missing Science_

I'm not one to cry "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" but over
the history of mankind there have been many who made similar statements
about whales, passenger pigeons, *now-depleted fisheries, forests, etc.
Certainly there is much still to be learned about how and to what degree
humans affect climate, but to think that the activities of 7 BILLION people
have NO effect is not a reasonable conclusion.
world climate

Any idea how much the biomass of insects outweighs the biomass of mammals?

I don't really know, though I do recall reading somewhere that the biomass
of ants alone, worldwide, is about the same as that of humans. BUT, those
ants and other insects and animals are not burning 6 or 7 BILLION TONS
of coal every year, 28 billion barrels of oil, etc.

This planet we live on has been nailed by some serious events, some
are speculated to be the reason the dinosaurs became extinct. It has
always managed to right itself in spectacular fashion.

Even though I think the whole GW scare is grossly overblown (can you
say, carbon tax, money grab?) it behooves us to apply good stewardship
of SpaceShip Earth. When camping in the forest, take out what you
brought in. Clean up after yourself.
So when it became obvious that the smelters at Sudbury's nickel mines
were causing acid rain. it was a measurable and verifiable problem.
Very local, and with some basic intervention, those lakes around
Sudbury have sprang back to life.
But in a global perspective that problem was a mere pimple on an
elephant's ass.
Same goes for the 'repair' of Lake Erie. We DO need to be careful, but
'heating up the whole planet' ??? Waaay too much booga-booga, none of
which is verifiable.

Just another bull**** method to extract money from the working stiffs.

The sunsabitches just keep trying to bend us over. How much of that
'carbon' tax is going to get used to 'cool off' our planet? Laughable,
that's what it is.