Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Plumbing again ... And an update on Arfa's Burger Joint ...

OK. Another question about the incompatibility of various waste sizes ...

Following on from the questions last week about the macerator, I now have
one of the Chinese - or whatever they are - Saniflo copies from Plumbworld,
and I have to say that the build quality and range of fittings and bits and
pieces that it's supplied with, all seems very good. Now, connecting it up.
The existing waste plumbing that I have to finally reach for connection
into, has all been done in 32 mm solvent pipe and fittings. The macerator
installation instructions suggest that 32 mm is a good size for connecting
that up also, so I would like to use similar 32 mm solvent pipe and fittings
to do this. Except, as the pipe run is quite long, and has several
right-angled bends in it, I feel that it would be a good idea to have some
sections that could be removed, just in case of a blockage. I know I said
when we were discussing this before, that the waste would be predominantly
just dirty water, but with the best will in the world, sooner or later,
we're going to get a clog up. So, here's the question. Is the OD of "32 mm"
solvent pipe, the same as that of "32 mm" push-fit pipe ? If so, could I
then use solvent weld pipe for the main straight runs, but have occasional
push-fit bends, for instance, on that pipe, that would allow me to 'open up'
or remove sections, if the need arose ?

Any particular makes known to work in this way? I'm looking at B&Q for local
convenience, but am open to other suggestions. They seem to have a range
called 'Flo-past' or some such, which *appears*, at least, to have solvent
and push-fit variants ...

General update on the burger joint progress. Front of house and kitchen
floors are down. I've almost finished the major project of the counter now.
What a beast it is, and what a bitch it's been to construct ! Char grill has
arrived, and is being gas-connected this week. Fryers and chip scuttle
arriving tomorrow. Extraction and filtration is in. Fridges and freezers are
arriving. Have sourced an excellent fully guaranteed 100% Aberdeen Angus
burger with full traceability from the herd to the butcher. Signage and
other allied stuff is done. Menus are at the printers. Daughter has the
website under construction. Hoping to be open by the end of the month, so
watch this space !! d:-)

Arfa