Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default DIY Helpless

On 04/06/2011 23:57, Owain wrote:
On Jun 4, 10:29 pm, "DerbyBoy" wrote:
Now one hears women talking of how hopeless their partner is in an endearing
manner. ("He tried to fit a shelf ant it ended up costing us £300 because he
drilled through the water pipe" - laughter all round!)

It helps them feel equal to men because they can't do those things
either. They probably can't cook, sew, knit, or plough either.

To be fair, I don't know that I could use a plough either. Cook, sew,
knit, darn and crochet, yes; plough, I've never tried.

I did see a woman making a real pig's ear of blacksmithing yesterday though.

Colin Bignell