Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default Alarm System Contacts/ monster drinks

On Jun 5, 12:23*am, G. Morgan wrote:
aemeijers wrote:
On 5/31/2011 12:00 AM, G. Morgan wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:

People ask if the Church of Jesus Christ is Christian. I
return the courtesy.

I hope you tell the truth and tell them it's really a kludged together
*******ization of Christianity.

Wiki:
"Under the doctrine of continuing revelation, Latter-day Saints believe
that Jesus leads the church by revealing his will to its President, whom
adherents regard as a modern-day "prophet, seer, and revelator." The
current President is Thomas S. Monson. "

To subscribe to that faith one would have to believe the "boss" of the
church has a direct hotline to God. *No one else, only the
"President"...(are you sure you're just not running a corporation?) gets
to tell his minions what God wants them to do. *Nice little cult you
have there, I rank it right up there with Scientology. *Both need to
have their tax-exempt status revoked. *It's all about the $$$$, right?
That's why you force your children out in pairs to 'convert' people by
knocking on my door all the time. *Selling religion, what a concept.

Gee, sounds just like the Catholic church....

Just sayin'.

I don't think the Pope goes around announcing he has God's cell phone
number. *The LDS "President" --- (weird title for a religious leader)
has it though!

(Personally, I think all organized religions are con jobs. But whatever
it takes them to get through the night without screaming, I guess....)

Yeah...

Problem is, church tells the sheeple without an origional thought in
their heads who to vote for. * AND they get tax-exempt status for all
the parties and shing-dings, nice eh?

AND they abuse their tax-exempt status by breaking the law over &
over, claiming "God" told them to. Churches and pastors are strictly
forbidden under the IRS codes from advocating for a given candidate.
They can preach from the pulpit for/against a given measure in
Congress, or for/against a given idea (Abstinence Only, for example,
an idea that has not only NOT prevented teenage pregnancy and STDs; it
has made them worse. Esp. in the Bible Belt. What do these morons
think is going to happen to horny teenagers who are not allowed to
learn about their bodies because the Fundamentalist "school board"
forbids practical sex ed?)

Getting back to churches & the IRS: Bible Belt (inter alia) pastors
routinely tell their congregations to vote for Candidate Holier-than-
Thou. Then the ACLU and AU and similar organizations have to run
around with a fire hose trying to make these Godly crooks obey the law
like the rest of us have to.

I contribute what I can to these groups that are out there protecting
OUR civil liberties!

Americans United for Separation of Church and State (run by a
Christian minister): AU.ORG