Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Andrew VK3BFA[_2_] Andrew VK3BFA[_2_] is offline

Default What percentage of machinists are conservative?

On Jun 2, 1:33*am, "
wrote:
Generally, occupations, where the final arbiter of truth is
aesthetics, are dominated by liberals.
Generally, occupations, where the final arbiter of truth is replicable
measurements, are dominated by conservatives.

I would assume that most dance choreographers are liberal.
I would assume that most machinists are conservative.

But here on rec.crafts.metalworking, I am reading some posts by
liberals who are interested in metalworking.
What gives here?
Are liberals just looking for forums to argue?

Wot, the ones working in the trade, NOW, or used to work in the trade
ONCE , or some involvement with metal and machines? - ....Argh...back
in the Old Days, right?

The rest is just collecting stats, waving a red flag, all the usual
suspects will come up with some totally unprovable theory as to why
today is Monday......rededed somewhere, your life-views are set by age
18 - after that, just better quality bull**** to justify or advance
ones chosen philosophy....
Decided to take Ulysses off my bucket list - if I was going to read
it, would have done it by now. Besides, its a crap read. (first lot of
it, anyway) That statement is true of a lot of the worlds "great"
literature, theres gotta be something there. Hurled

Gunner - buy cheap import open ended spanners, grind them to the
weirdo English size you need. Being able to grind them flatter is
sometimes good as well - weird english mechanical devices.... The
previous 15 owner's ever had a 8 inch shifter anyway.......that bike,
bad choice for long term, will always be high maintenance. But a great
project, go for it mate!

Andrew VK3BFA.