Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gib Bogle[_3_] Gib Bogle[_3_] is offline

Default DIY Helpless

On 6/5/2011 10:11 AM, Tim Watts wrote:

Most of the "village blokes" I know round here are generally pretty handy -
and know what they specifically don't like to do (eg a bloke I know is a
genius with woodwork and building, but always calls in his sparky mate for
electrics and won't touch gas or water either).

But we are talking about the 35+ age group. The younger ones I know (who are
in London because I don't know many 20-somethings here) in seem to know
rather less right down to being in that category you mentioned.

It's OK to be not very good at a fair few things, but to be completely
useless at anything practical is rather sad.

As necessity is the mother of invention, so affluence is the mother of
ignorance.