Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY Helpless

On 05/06/2011 00:25, brass monkey wrote:
"DerbyBoy"No-one wrote in message
Have you come across women who find it quite endearing that their partner
is hopeless at anything DIY?

When I were a lad I felt a certain responsibility to be able to learn to
decorate, change fuses, put up shelves, etc. Same with cars - change a
wheel, change oil, etc.

Now one hears women talking of how hopeless their partner is in an
endearing manner. ("He tried to fit a shelf ant it ended up costing us
£300 because he drilled through the water pipe" - laughter all round!)

I have a slightly different problem. I can pretty much do most things around
the house, leccy, plumbing, woodwork, bit of brickwork (crap at plastering).
Why should I pay someone to do these things? Cos I can't be arsed to do it
myself
And since I'm a tightarse I don't pay someone, so the odd sink tap which is
hanging off will get sorted "sometime".

'Projects' are much more interesting than 'little jobs' :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk