Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Nuclear Reactor Problems

On Sat, 04 Jun 2011 14:25:39 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 6/4/2011 2:17 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On 04 Jun 2011 11:19:12 GMT, wrote:

wrote in
m:

No, global warming has just about been eliminated as a long-term
anything. Global warming science has been thoroughly debunked as
preposterous and the global warming scientists have been shown to be
either dupes (being charitable) or out-and-out frauds. The whole thing
has as much substance as crop circles and its practitioners, in the
main, devotees of something resembling a cargo cult.

I know it is difficult, but keep an open mind. Global warming is a fact.
Exactly how much is man-made is not known, but an appreciable percentage
is. Chatter among scientists as to how to account for datapoints that
appear to be outliers is just that - chatter. Important for getting down
to the nitty-gritty, but it isn't affecting the big picture.

No, Global Warming(kumbaya) is merely a buzzword, Han. Climate
change, OTOH, is a fact. Temps go up, temps go down, glaciers
increase/decrease, sea levels vacillate. There is no solid proof that
any of it is anthropomorphic. GW models are merely chatter. And they
improve vastly by the decade, as dozens of new, previously unknown
factors are included. They're gettin' there, but models still aren't
ready for prime time. Look at how iffy mere current weather forecast
models are. Now increase the complexity by ten thousand and you have
climate models. Oops! They can't even predict the past, given all
that data history.

I was made aware of this guy this morning. He states it well.

"The history of temperature change over time is related to the shape
of the continents, the shape of the sea floor, the pulling apart of
the crust, the stitching back together of the crust, the opening and
closing of sea ways, changes in the Earth's orbit, changes in solar
energy, supernoval eruptions, comet dust, impacts by comets and
asteroids, volcanic activity, bacteria, soil formation, sedimentation,
ocean currents, and the chemistry of air. If we humans, in a fit of
ego, think we can change these normal planetary processes, then we
need stronger medication." --Ian Plimer
_Heaven and Earth: Global Warming, the Missing Science_

And long live Joe *******i ...

Yes! And long live Patrick Michaels, Bjorn Lomborg, Christopher
Horner, S. Fred Singer, Ronald Bailey, and Peter Huber.

(who wrote the books: Meltdown, The Skeptical Environmentalist,
Politically Incorrect Guide to Global Warming, Climate Change
Reconsidered, Earth Report 2000, and Hard Green, among dozens of
others.)

Sanity lives!

--
Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills.
-- Minna Thomas Antrim