Roy Smith

Default How to make a fair curve?

In article ,
"Swingman" wrote:

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message

your advice on making a template. I don't have a pattern maker's rasp,
so I'll look that up to see if I've got anything similar.

Very difficult to find tool these days ... and be prepared for sticker
shock:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...24&ccurrency=2
&SID=

Despite the price, it is a much used tool in my shop for curved/rounded
parts.

Wow. You're right about sticker shock. How are those any better than
cheap rasps you can get for under $10? I find a very hand tool to be a
4-in-hand file:

http://www.tools-plus.com/merbsr10.html

For something this long I take it that it wouldn't be a good idea to use
my new handy dandy OSS to smooth out such a gentle curve?

What's an OSS?