Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Newshound Newshound is offline

Default dry out oil

On 04/06/2011 20:54, Winston wrote:
Winston wrote:
Ralph wrote:

(...)

Our church had flood water get into the elevator hyd oil. The elevator
service co. replaced the oil and put a water filter unit on it for over
60 days. It did NOT remove enough water to talk about. It was a big unit
with a motor,pump and (2 filters that cost us over $200.00 each). The
oil still looks like milk and I can drain a 1/4 cup of pure water out of
the bottom of the reservoir.

It makes one wonder if there is a way to coalesce (de-emulsify)
that oil quickly and cheaply.

On an industrial system with a big problem you might use a vacuum filter
unit as supplied by Pall: removes the moisture by evaporation.