Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] arthur.walker@live.co.uk is offline

Default Opella Dual Flush Valve

On Sat, 04 Jun 2011 20:48:03 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Sat, 04 Jun 2011 20:21:31 +0100, wrote:

My toilet is fitted with an Opella Dual Flush Valve

snip
The toilet has stopped working - in that if I hold in the press button
it will totally empty the tank. But if I let go the tank only half
empties - ie the valve drops down before the tank is emptied.

Er, isn't that what a dual flush is supposed to do? Press and hold
for full flush (turds), press and release for short flush (****).

No - there are two buttons - one should operate as long as it is pressed in.
The other (which is the one in question) - should empty the tank - you should
not have to keep the button pressed in.

Art