Posted to alt.home.repair
DanGLT DanGLT is offline

Default Painting Question

You will probably end up repainting the whole ceiling. YOu can try doing
the patch only, just don't hold your breath. You said plaster. If so,
there is a lengthy cure time involved before paint. Give the area a heavy
prime coat of color and feather the edges out into the non patched
perimeter. This can be done by using a good brush and jabbing the tips of
the bristles out into non patched area until the brush no longer is leaving
paint. The patched area will probably demand at least 2 coats.

"Bob" wrote in message
Hi,

Had to open up a hole in our Kitchen ceiling to reach some plujmbing.
Will have it re-plastered soon.

Will bring a paint sample to local Paint Store so that they can match the
ceiling color, which is an off white.
Not sure abosut what the sheen or gloss would be called.

Am hoping that with "matched" paint, I can get away with just re-painting
the patch,
rather than the complete ceiling.

Question: to give me the best chance of blending it in well, should I use
a decent quality brush, one of those really cheap rubber foam types of
brush, or a roller ?
Why ?

If a roller, what kind of knap, etc. ?

Thanks,