Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default What percentage of machinists are conservative?

On 6/4/2011 11:02 AM, wrote:
If I meet someone who owns and frequently uses a mill or metal lathe,
I can be almost certain that he is a conservative.

Yet on rec.crafts.metalworking, there are a number of liberal
metalworkers making flaming posts.

Why do the few liberal metalworkers come here?

Why causes that?

Simple, they come here because they have an interest in metalwork. Then
they find they are constantly bombarded by conservatives spewing hateful
political views. So they respond. If the conservatives could keep their
mouths shut about their politics you would see almost nothing from the
liberals here. But asking a conservative to keep his politics to himself
is just about asking the impossible. They're so ****ed off all the time
they just can't shut up.

Hawke