Posted to uk.d-i-y
YAPH YAPH is offline

Default Auto air valve failed, again!

On Sat, 04 Jun 2011 12:22:08 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

It's the bottle type I'm refering to. The float seal will be wet when
sealing, which means there's going to be some moisture on the outside of
the seal, which evaporates and leaves scale. Eventually, the sealing
surface becomes contaminated with scale, and stops sealing.

The float seal may get wet and eventually suffer scale build-up if air
escapes vigorously causing water to spray out but I'd expect the rising
float to cut off the air escape port before the water level reaches it.
In theory of course: in practice whatever is in the water *will* get
everywhere and bugger it up eventually. :-(

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

Who's *really* behind all these conspiracy theories?