Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How to clean plastic-bristled brush used for applyingpolyurethane? (Ecofriendly process preferred ...)

On Jun 4, 1:14*am, "Edward Hennessey"
wrote:

*Ask your paint store about the foam "hot dog" rollers and
* your paint. Sometimes you use them alone. Sometimes on
* complex things like doors in combo with brushes. For certain
* paints, the furry knap rollers are good too.

I have painted a lot of metal doors with the foam hog dog rollers. A
6" roller makes short work of doors, and since most metal doors on
commercial jobs are beat up anyway, this is an excellent solution. As
long as you work fast and don't reuse, they work fine with oil based
paints.

I use them on just about anything I can outside, including door and
window trims, siding trims, and anything else that has any kind of
texture that doesn't require smooth a finish.

Robert