Posted to rec.woodworking
FairFax FairFax is offline

Default How to clean plastic-bristled brush used for applying polyurethane? (Ecofriendly process preferred ...)

On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 12:35:10 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

In article 14f39f9b-1d9d-484a-a012-5caa65b51a65
, says...

On Jun 3, 7:55*am, "Mike Marlow" wrote:

The best recommendation is to follow the instructions on the can. *Clean
with mineral spirits.

In my best Three Stooges voice: "Oh, wiseguy eh?"

Read the instructions. Shame on you. ;^)

After cleaning with mineral spirits, washing with soap and water
probably won't hurt. In my (admittedly limited) experience it leaves
the brush more pliable than mineral spirits alone.

Makes sense. Seems like good advice. I've found that to be so in
other areas so seems to me this would work here, too. thx.