Posted to rec.woodworking
FairFax FairFax is offline

Default How to clean plastic-bristled brush used for applying polyurethane? (Ecofriendly process preferred ...)

On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 16:08:17 -0400, "dadiOH"
wrote:

FairFax wrote:
I have a woodworking project I'm starting but don't know how to clean
the brush after applying coats of polyurethane. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

You already got them re cleaning, mine is this:

Don't use a brush with artificial bristles for ANY oil base coat...use
bristle, the best you can afford.

Darn. Oh, well. It's a one-time job and money is tight so I might
have to pass on that. I don't like plastic bristles myself but the
deal was too good to pass on. The set came with about 6 brushes of
different sizes and cost about $2.99. thx.