Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Germanium transistor sub

"klem kedidelhopper" wrote in message
I think I've found the transistor that is intermittently failing in my
Grundig 305 transistor radio.It is an AF126. I obtained an NTE 160
which is supposed to replace the AF126. however I installed it and the
radio does not work at all. I wouldn't think that I would have to do
a complete IF alignment after simply replacing a transistor, that is I
would think that even if the new part detuned the circuit slightly, I
would expect to get something through. Any opinions on this? Thanks,
Lenny

AF126 and NTE160, appear to have different pinouts ?

http://english.electronica-pt.com/db....php?ref=AF126

and

http://www.nteinc.com/specs/100to199/pdf/nte160.pdf

Arfa