Posted to uk.d-i-y
YAPH YAPH is offline

Default Wilo stupidpumps?

Had a Biasi* (ptui!) with a failed pump today - bearings completely shot.
The pump was a WILO but the official Biasi spare is c.£135 + VAT and not
available locally. Looked like a bog standard pump head but nobody does
the bog standard pumps anymore - they're all SmartPumps. Which may or may
not be mechanically interchangeable but the electronics housing on the
side of the all-singing version probably wouldn't have fitted in the
space available in the boiler (besides it would have been such a gross
bodge I wouldn't have wanted to put my name to it!).

Seems they've stopped making the standard pumps (except, presumably, as
boiler spares). So it might be useful to put aside a couple of them if I
ever find any - any clues out there? And looking ahead to when standard
efficiency pumps in general are phased out (real soon now, though I don't
know offhand exactly when) I think I should stockpile some standard
Grundfos heads!

* some condensing model with 2ndary HE, so can't have been that old.

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

Pessimists are never disappointed