Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wall Anchor Set/Tool Set ,£8. 99 each *

On 03/06/2011 13:55, Scott M wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 1 Jun 2011 07:53:38 -0700 (PDT), Tabby wrote:

Bargain at £8.99, the setting tool alone costs more than that

IIRC.
How useful are these things really? I'll admit to not being convinced
its worthwhile.

Aye, what advantage does the setting tool have over just tightening
the screw? I can see if you have a number to do it's quicker but
apart from that, consistency of set?

Just quicker really.

FWIW, I have had so many lose grip and spin in the plasterboard trying
to get the wretched things tight by screwing that I'm tempted to go and
buy it whether it's good or not! I also find it quite hard to judge when
the legs are against the board without going too far.

Never really had a problem with them spinning, just tap them home so the
pointed bits stick in.

The setting tool avoids that problem & fully expands the legs regardless
of the length of the fixing - just kinda stops then they are extended.