Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tabby Tabby is offline

Default split aircon radiator re use

On Jun 3, 7:05*pm, andrew wrote:
Tabby wrote:
Is it worth doing?

Dunno but I need a heat sink and this one already has a 240V blower
attached, my alternative is a lorry rad but that would need a hefty 24V
supply for the fan. If it works it can heat the workshop.

Power isn't a problem I have 150kW to spare.

AJH

If you did go for the 24v fan, you could run it off much lower
voltage. Vehicle fans are pretty frantic at rated voltage. Given
Andrew's point about it being copper, and given either enough flow as
is, or more by parallelling pipes, it does sound doable. Maybe you
could add a sludge trap on the rad inlet, to avoid the rad clogging.

NT