Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default OT.US car manufacturer finally moves into the 20th century.

"RonB" wrote in message

And THIS is the generation problem I mentioned above. In spite of
knowing the newer domestics are probably a lot better. My memory is
almost as good has her's

Detroit has produced its share of lemons, but so have the Brits and the
Germans and everybody else who ever made cars. My wife once owned a VW with
an aluminum-alloy engine block that fell apart in 20k miles, how's that for
German engineering? How many *old* Honda Civics do you see on the road, or
for that matter how many British sports cars that aren't owned by fanatics
with their own set of tools and a membership in a club of other fanatics who
can help them keep their ride running?

On the other hand my last three vehicles have been Fords (highest domestic
content of any auto maker--80%+) and they have been close to trouble-free.
So carrying a knife for Detroit long after they turned the corner on quality
seems a pointless chore--I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Ford.