Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lewis Hartswick Lewis Hartswick is offline

Default Markets fall as GOP blocks Debt Ceiling Bill

John R. Carroll wrote:
Snag wrote:
So what you seem to be sayin' is that the way to get our country out
of debt is to borrow more money ?
That seems to be a little backward to me ...

Yeah, but it works if you invest the borrowed money wisely in your future.
Bill Ford was running the Ford motor Company until 2006, when Ford hired
Alan Mulally, a former Boeing Co. senior executive, as CEO.
They then went to a consortium of banks to borrow money, literally "hocking
the farm", to restructure the company.
Every asset on Ford's books was used to collateralize their borrowing.
Plants, equipment, inventory, intellectual property - everything.
Ford survived the recession and auto industry downturn without the need for
government financing or the need to be "bailed out".
The company earned a profit of $6.6 billion in 2010, its best year since
1999, and it has steadily gained market share in the U.S.

America needs to do the exact same thing.

The only problem with the government borrowing more money
is they will spend it on more welfare and that wont
make more money. It's just a sink hole for the money.
...lew...