Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jamarno@my-deja.com is offline

Default 18v L-Lo battery problem

Anthony wrote:

Well i finally got through their phone support and admit they have
problems with this battery and are sending me a new improved one after
sending them the bad one. They extended the warranty on this
particular battery to 3 years because of it.

I wonder if this is another example of Ryobi using a bad design for
their battery charger, as was the case for their nicad chargers, which
just turned off immediately after the regular charge and didn't apply
a lower current charge to balance out the individual cells. Lithium
batteries are much more particular about proper charging.