Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default Number of bedrooms with ensuites

On 03/06/2011 00:27, ARWadsworth wrote:
If you had a 3 bed house with no ensuites and were going to build an
extension to make it a 5 bed house how many ensuites would consider the
minimum?

The smallest existing bedroom is the nearer to the existing bathroom than
the proposed extention and will have to remain ensuite free.

I claim that there should be at least 2 full ensuites and three new toilets.
Any other views before I fall out with my Dad..

I reckon it needs one bath/shower, one shower, three toilets in that
size house. Achievable with one ensuite, one bathroom, one downstairs bog.

But that's needs, rather than wants.

Having more will probably make the house more saleable, provided the
size of the bedrooms doesn't suffer.

Also depends on how many people will actually be there permanently, and
if lodgers or house sharing will ever come into it.