Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flooded basement need laundry tips

On Jun 2, 9:52*am, Steve Barker wrote:
Ok, so i neglect a vacant house all winter and guess what? *The sumps
fail. *So now i have many sterlite tubs full of clothes (that my wife
would prefer to salvage some of) that smell like stagnant water. *I've
kept everything wet, still in the tubs, but even after regular washing
they still smell. (duh). *What's gonna be a good procedure to salvage
some of the more important items without a smell?

thanks!

--
Steve Barker

First thought is anything that is bleachable, wash it using that.
And air drying outside for a couple days could help.