Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Modern Marvels.. Ancient Romans had 1300 psi water?

Jim Wilkins on Sat, 28 May 2011 05:25:20 -0700
(PDT) typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On May 27, 7:37*pm, pyotr filipivich wrote:
* * * * Turns out the Romans had a *lot of measurements. *The Stadia, the
pace, and I used the ancient Greek Fathom because I had no online
access to double check when I wrote that.
--
pyotr filipivich

A replica of a Roman pocket calculator:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...bacusRecon.jpg

It uses base 2 and base 5, not exactly BCRN but close.

Cool.

I recall reading that the Babylonians had a mixed base to sixty
system. Crazy.
--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!