Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Time for a new microwave - any views?

On Jun 2, 2:29 pm, "Tim Downie" wrote:
DerbyBoy wrote:
Old Comet Matsui oven is dying due to some of the plastic parts
starting to fail (due to wife opening and closing to door too
frequently - the button now shoots across the room when the door is
closed).
What are the views - is a grill element worth having? Does it have
any real use after the initial "let's try it" phase

A bit OT but I wonder how long before we can replace our old Toshiba ER 672
microwave (circa 1981). It resolutely refuses to die or need any repairs.
It's been stolen once and recovered from a building site (back in the days
when a microwave was worth stealing) but still soldiers on.

It has, IMO, the best timer control that combines pushing in & turning for
fine and coarse time setting. At only 650W it's a bit puny by today's
standard but on the plus side, it makes a proper "ding" sound, none of this
'orrible electonic beeping. ;-)

Tim

sounds a "not dead yet" ringer for my ma's - still going strong since
i were a lad ;))

Jim K