Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Nuclear Reactor Problems

On Jun 2, 9:05*am, dpb wrote:

There is still gas but it is far more valuable in the long run for
chemical feedstock and other uses instead of wasting it for central
station generation while have other fuels far more suited for the
purpose that aren't so much suited for the other.

That's a mouthful. Like that christmas story about the girl who lights
matches to keep warm as opposed to her selling them to buy coal?

The more I read, search and talk to my small circle of friends at OPG
(Ontario Power Generation) the more pro nuclear I get. My two oldest
daughters and their husbands all work in either Pickering or
Darlington nuclear power stations. One of them works in the legal
department and pushes 'safety papers'. Another is so green in life-
style, he ****es me off. But all are educated and informed. No knee-
jerk responses from any of them. Japan was a combination of flukes
that all added up to an accident of major proportions.
In no way did that incident reflect on the concept and sense of
nuclear power. That particular event should be no more than a lesson
to be more careful where we build those units.

The oil, gas and coal industries all have their agendas and it will be
a cold day in hell if any of them ever become proponents of a solution
that takes money out of their pockets.
Who makes money off the windmill business? The sales people?...
because that's about it. Here in Ontario the Windpower barely makes up
for line-losses and that is one helluva expensive way to make up for
those.