Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Time for a new microwave - any views?

On 01/06/2011 17:08, DerbyBoy wrote:
Old Comet Matsui oven is dying due to some of the plastic parts starting
to fail (due to wife opening and closing to door too frequently - the
button now shoots across the room when the door is closed).

What are the views - is a grill element worth having? Does it have any
real use after the initial "let's try it" phase

Regards

John

We had an all-singing-all-dancing combi microwave as part of our new
kitchen a couple of years ago.

For 99% of the time, we just use it as a pure microwave. The grill
element is occasionally useful when we want to brown the surface of
something while cooking it by microwave.

We did once (and only once!) try to use it as a normal oven to cook a
chicken. Disaster! Grease splacked everywhere. Took ages to clean up.
Never again!
--
Cheers,
Roger