Posted to alt.home.repair
Bud-- Bud-- is offline

Default Looking for an electrical work book

On 5/31/2011 3:19 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
On Tue, 31 May 2011 15:02:37 -0500, wrote:

On 5/31/2011 12:33 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
I took Electrical Construction and Maintenance back in 1980. There
was a loose leaf workbook that focused on just the residential parts
of the code. Each section showed a part of a residential aspect of
the National Electric Code. It had a section on service, pools,
outside wiring, kitchen. I have called the tech school library and
our local library here in town. I am waiting to hear back from both.

Just a shot that someone here might know what the book may be called.
I have Googled for a book on NEC residential, but nothing I have found
so are seems to be the book.

--
O'Neil to General Hammond:
For the record Sir, I wanted to blow it the hell up.

This is not the exact book that you are looking for but take a look at
http://tinyurl.com/3jjy3kd on Amazon.com, maybe it will suffice.

Don

Maybe. The library called and they are getting this book for me:
http://www.google.com/products/catal...s=org.mozilla:

en-USfficial&q=nec+residential+electric+2005&bav=on .2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=983&bih=621&um=1&ie=UTF
-8&tbm=shop&cid=16866676404173824771&sa=X&ei=80zlTY zDNdCWtwe-haCjBw&ved=0CDEQ8wIwAw
Electrical Wiring Residential: Based on the 2005 National Electric
Code

I don't know if it is the one either, but I am sure it will cover it.

Thanks everyone

Good idea to have a book the same as the NEC that is being enforced -
probably not 2005. There are a lot of books out there. (I don't know
which ones are good.)

The NFPA puts out a residential version of the NEC. I presume it has the
same basic organization, which is a problem for people not familiar with
the code. The requirements for installing a new outlet are scattered in
many locations.

--
bud--