Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Spraying Latex with HVLP

On May 31, 11:49*pm, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:
SonomaProducts.com wrote:

I don't use a turbine set up, so I'm guessing a little bit about what your
equipment looks like, but I'm guessing the air cap is very similar to a
standard paint gun. *The holes in the air cap are critical and if any one is
distorted, you can expect severe results. *It's almost black magic they way
an air cap works, and it only takes an RCH to screw up the magic.

Absolutely. I clean my guns more meticulously than I do my firearms.
I clean every tiny orifice in the gun as well as I possibly can, and
even keep a bottle of hard round toothpicks to clean the holes in the
air horn EVERY SINGLE TIME.

There is no point is trying to shoot a good finish with a dirty gun.
None.

There are two things to learn when using a real HVLP setup. They are
the only things that matter.

How much pressure to use, and how much to thin.

If your gun is dirty, there just isn't any point in wasting time and
effort. Use a brush.

Robert