Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gordon Henderson Gordon Henderson is offline

Default Time for a new microwave - any views?

In article ,
DerbyBoy No-one wrote:
Old Comet Matsui oven is dying due to some of the plastic parts starting to
fail (due to wife opening and closing to door too frequently - the button
now shoots across the room when the door is closed).

What are the views - is a grill element worth having? Does it have any real
use after the initial "let's try it" phase

I've been thinking about this too - to grill or not to grill.

However, one thing I've noticed with my last 2 Microwaves (over the
course of about 15 years) is that both were had enamelled interiors and
both started to rust on the base where the 3-wheeled turnable support
thingy goes round, so you get a ring of rust that eventually perforates. I
suspect it's been to do with poor ventilation where we have our microwave,
so lots of condensation inside which runs down to the lowers point... So
the next one will have a stainelss steel interior... But that + the
grill really pushes the price up from 50 ish to 250 ish... Will it last
5 times longer and will we make a lot use of the grill....

Or shall we just spend 50 quid on another that'll last 5 years...

Gordon