Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ghostrecon Ghostrecon is offline

Default Wall Anchor Set/Tool Set ,£8. 99 each *

On Wed, 1 Jun 2011 07:53:38 -0700 (PDT), Tabby wrote:

On Jun 1, 9:00Â*am, The Medway Handyman
wrote:
FYI available from Aldi on Thursday.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...4.htm?WT.mc_id...

Bargain at £8.99, the setting tool alone costs more than that IIRC.

How useful are these things really? I'll admit to not being convinced
its worthwhile.

NT

I find them very usefil in studwork but I have found a couple of issues
with this type of setting tool - bring it in from cold shed means
condensation on the pulling shaft and the friction grips works less well -
the pulling anvil is fixed to the shaft with a allen caphaed screw (at
least the ones from sf) if this becomes loose and you dont notice then
setting a fixing can often strip the thread out of the shaft - I've had 2
go like that in the 10 years I've used sf's version - I much prefefr the
cantilever type with 2 handles but they are not so easy to get into
confined spaces
--