Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wall Anchor Set/Tool Set ,£8. 99 each *

On 01/06/2011 15:53, Tabby wrote:
On Jun 1, 9:00 am, The Medway
wrote:
FYI available from Aldi on Thursday.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...4.htm?WT.mc_id...

Bargain at £8.99, the setting tool alone costs more than that IIRC.

How useful are these things really? I'll admit to not being convinced
its worthwhile.

NT

I reckon they're far better than anything else for achieving a firm
fixing in stud walls when you can't contrive to screw into a stud. I've
got a washbasin firmly anchored to the plasterboard wall in my bathroom
with a couple of these[1] - but I did have to buy some longer screws
than those provided.

[1] I got my fixings - and the setting tool - from Screwfix, so I don't
know whether the Aldi ones are identical - but they look very similar.
--
Cheers,
Roger