Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul - xxx[_2_] Paul - xxx[_2_] is offline

Default Replacement Flat Roof

ronnie wrote:

Just going to start replacing my 20sq m flat felted kitchen roof with
a glass fibre replacement. The felt is at least 15 years old and I
suspect has been hot torched on. Has anyone tried to remove hot
torched felt? Any help will be appreciated.

Wait for a sunny day and give it a few hours of hot sunshine before you
start trying to move it. I have a scraper on the end of a brush handle
so I can stand and scrape and it works well .. Start in a corner or
edge of a sheet and try to take it off in about 2' strips ...

--
Paul - xxx