Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default Circuit requirements for undercabinet microwave

Doing some kitchen reno work recently in a family members condo. I ran
all of the new electric lines, which called for 2 new countertop
circuits as required by code. The plans originally called for a
microwave to sit on the countertop.
Now plans have changed, and the microwave is now being mounted under a
cabinet. I'm not sure but I think I read somewhere that if the
microwave is being mounted under a cabinet, it needs its own circuit,
which is a problem now since all the wall are closed up and I can't
run a new line.
However, I can run a new line from one of the countertop outlets up
about 3 feet to the cabinet. So my question does anyone know what the
requirements are?