Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave M[_3_] Dave M[_3_] is offline

Default Lost in VIDEO signal

benitos wrote:
Hi ,

We have a CCTV cam (Bosh WZ18) that is 1500 feet from the LCD display.

The cable that was used is a RG59 and having 2 splices (2 junctions).

The video signal is poor , we can see tha image but with lines and
it's noisy.

Is there a way to improve or "rebuild" the signal ?

I tried a VID-AMP SPECO / PROVIDEO VID-AMP 1 IN / 1 OUT VIDEO
AMPLIFIER but did not help.

http://www.surveillance-video.com/vid-amp.html

A few questions to maybe lead you to the problem...
Do you have a good picture when the display is connected close to the
camera? If not, then either the camera or the display is bad. If yes, then
the coax or the splices might be bad. Does the picture degrade when the amp
is connected?
Where do you have the video amp installed? It should be close to the
camera; not the display.
Are the camera and amp getting good power?
Are the spliced connections clean and dry?
Is the coax in good shape? Is it old?
--
David
dgminala at mediacombb dot net