Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Spraying Latex with HVLP

SonomaProducts.com wrote:

Gun might be defective or just a little too weak to blow this thicker
paint. The cap has two large and two smaller holes for the blower air.
It looks like on of the smaller holes is a little munged up so maybe
the gun needs a new cap. Still sprays lacquer fine.

I don't use a turbine set up, so I'm guessing a little bit about what your
equipment looks like, but I'm guessing the air cap is very similar to a
standard paint gun. The holes in the air cap are critical and if any one is
distorted, you can expect severe results. It's almost black magic they way
an air cap works, and it only takes an RCH to screw up the magic.

--

-Mike-