Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Power transistor question...

"Meat Plow"

I'd like to see the meter described test at a higher frequency but other
than that I can't find much else wrong. I've been relying on an old Tenma
cap meter for years. It's gets you in the ball park. And there were
reliable repairs before LCR and ESR meters. I know, been at it from high
school back in 1970. These days I tend to shy away from anything I need
an ESR meter for. Plenty of vintage stuff out there that people like to
keep going.

** ESR meters are MOST useful with older equipment, particularly valve
amplifiers.

All those electros are old and have been running in a hot environment.

...... Phil