Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

Default Another Second Amendment Victory in Ohio

On May 31, 1:46*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
actually, the left wing will wait for a while until the drive by
shootings, the narco terrorist shootings become too much...
They will be waiting a *really* long time, just like the anti gunners
who rant about the "wild west shootouts on the streets" from concealed
carry laws which have never materialized anywhere.
have you EVER been in a large city? *Have you ever been at a crime
scene
where innocents were killed in shootouts? *Do you really want every
man,
woman, child, and dog in this sad country of ours to have to wear body
armor because you gun nuts are too chicken**** to admit that guns are
not the answer to everything? *I defy you to provide one possible way
that more guns can reduce drive-by shootings and death from stray
bullets - just one.

you, and your like, who favor violence as the solution to everything,
are a sad reflection on the degeneration of our country. *Guns on the
street will beget warfare on the streets. *If you want a gun in your
house, that's fine - keep it in your house- don't take it on the
streets, don't take it in your car, don't bring it to dinner with you,
don't threaten me with it, and don't shoot my neighbor when you miss
shooting at someone who has looked at you cross-eyed.
Think about it like an economist. People respond to
incentives. Someone who would like to start a shootout, may be
deterred by a realization that a seemingly peaceful citizens may be
armed.

The fears of concealed carry wreaking havoc, have not materialized,
for this very reason.

In addition, very few people actually carry.

I'm glad you mentioned that last point. The typical percentage of CCW
holders in concealed-carry states is around 2% - 2.5% of qualified
adults.
How many of them carry at any given time? An experienced cop in Texas
estimated no more than half, a few years ago.

One percent or so carrying citizens doesn't sound like a lot of
disincentive
for someone with the mentality required to commit crimes with a gun.