Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Questions About Internal AC Coils

On May 31, 9:43*am, "
wrote:

"A - It definitely should be glued."

Well, I've had a CO detector hanging near (but not too near!) the
furnace and it's never registered the tiniest blip in 5 years, so I'm
guessing the putty was doing a decent job.

In addition, I don't think the exhaust port is PVC, so I'm not sure
what glue would be used. It's some type of black plastic and other
junctions inside the furnace appear to use a darkish red glue.

Whatever that adhesive is, will it work with PVC?

But, when all is said and done, if I glue the vent to the port, I
don't think I'd ever get the panel off since it's the base of the vent
where it enters the port that blocks the the panel from being swung
out.