Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default OT.US car manufacturer finally moves into the 20th century.

Jim Yanik wrote:
Congoleum wrote in
:

On 5/30/2011 3:49 PM, harry wrote:
Heh Heh. Finally catches up with where Europe and Japan were fifty
years ago.

I hope they're more reliable than 60's - 70's British Cars!

I owned a Triumph Herald and an English Ford Cortina GT.
the Cortina was a great car,very fun to drive. It did have a Lucas
generator that crapped out while on a trip from Buffalo to Boston,had to
spend the night in a motel.
(and was actually AWOL,but my boss covered for me!...)

Whoa,
My wife's Sunbeam Rapier had Lucas(knight of darkness) electrical and
Stromberg side draft twin carb. Keeping that car running was a fun then
as a young guy. Thinking back I just smile to myself wondering how I
managed. The charging system in it was not a generator, not an
alternator, it was something in between which needed polarizing when
disconnected.