Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Spraying Latex with HVLP

UPDATE:

I bought the best stuff Sherwin Williams had, maybe Promark alkyd?.
Thinned it 10%, tried material feed pressure from 10lbs to 35lbs,
tried changing blower air from about 1/2 to full. Got decent covereage
in about the middle of both settings and even more air bubbles in the
finish. I'm done. Tired of cleaning the gun.

Gun might be defective or just a little too weak to blow this thicker
paint. The cap has two large and two smaller holes for the blower air.
It looks like on of the smaller holes is a little munged up so maybe
the gun needs a new cap. Still sprays lacquer fine.

I'll spray the BIN primer, sna dout the cabs and hire a painter. I'll
also have them paint the 11, 6 panel doors that come primed and the
installed pre-primed trim.

Thanks for all the help. If I upgrade to a high-end pressure pot 4
stage steup, maybe I'll try again.