Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Semi-gloat

On May 30, 11:20*pm, willshak wrote:
HeyBub wrote the following:

willshak wrote:

The picture is from an auction in Michigan. The winner got the
machine for TEN BUCKS!

I was robbed!

I don't think so. There is no cord attached.

I think you would need one with that one.

-

My mower didn't come with a cord either.

In fact, I had to scrounge around to find an extension cord that would fit
in the mower's power recess. This mower was manufactured before ground wires
were invented, so an ordinary extension cord simply could not be pressed
into the cavity containing the male plug.

Truely, it's an adventure to be operating an electrical device devoid of a
ground wire or polarized plug - and not even double insulated!

A thrill-a-minute, I tell you!

Back around 1984-85, I used to travel down into Westwood, NJ to mow my
aunt's small lawn (she was a widow with no kids) . She had an electric
mower which was a PITA to operate. It had a long (maybe 25') orange
electrical cord, so it didn't blend in with the green grass. .I hated
it. After I used it a couple of times, I started bringing my own gas
powered mower to do the job.

You rode your mower from Hamptonburgh to Westwood???? I call bull****.