Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Trailer axle help

"CaveLamb" wrote in message
m...
Ed Huntress wrote:

Ya'll forgive me one more time?

It's fishy.

If you think so.
I think the whole health care bru-ha-ha is fishy.

We have a serious financial collapse - and the president wants
to give everybody bandaides?

It's fishy all right...

Wait a minute. You may not be following what's going on here. Be patient
for a minute.

These are rough figures I'm pulling from memory, but they're in the
ballpark. We spend about $2.7 trillion on health care. Over half of that
is government paying for the insurance, as it has been for some years.
That's Medicare, Medicaid, VA health care, government employees' health
care at all levels, and the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP).

Spend 2.7 Trillion dollars a year on health care?

Get used to it. g

Independent analyze that, Ed...
Because I have troubles counting that high!

2.7 Trillion bucks? 2,700,000,000,000 (can that possibly be right???)

You got it. If you're going to do this budget stuff, work in scientific
notation. It will keep you from going cross-eyed.

300 million people? 300,000,000

Per capita? $9000 a year for every man, woman, and child in America?

Yup. It's a bummer, isn't it? We're closing in on 18% of GDP, and, as
Krugman says, we're number one! In health care spending, that is. d8-)

I'll big time agree with you about it being fishy...
The oil companies should be so lucky.

No wonder it became the political Holy Grail...

The real killer is the growth rate. Health care does not follow the usual
pattern of costs as technology improves. It does the opposite.

--
Ed Huntress

--

Richard Lamb