Posted to alt.home.repair
Fred Fred is offline

Default Thermoplastic Blades

Pavel314 wrote:
I got a new cutting head for my Stilh line cutter (weed whip). It has
three plastic blades instead of the plastic line and works great. The
kid down the street has been doing some yard work for us and he used
it to cut high weeds and small saplings in an area we want cleared. I
think the saplings might have been a bit much as the blades looked
fairly worn when he was done.

Having purchased replacement blades, I got them out and noticed on the
package that they suggest storing the blades in water for longer life.
Does anyone do this? Does it make a noticable difference? I figure the
Stihl people wouldn't print it on the package in a dozen different
languages as a joke, but it still sounds weird.

Paul

Never heard that. Could be that storing in water protects the plastic from
ozone damage.